The Stockton Schools’ Sport Partnership (SSP) was established in 2001 as part of the National P.E. and School Sport Strategy. Since then it has developed to comprise of two Partnerships - Stockton Central & Stockton Northfield and we now work with 12 secondary schools, 57 primary schools and 4 special schools from across Stockton-on-Tees.
At the Stockton Schools Sport Partnership, we believe that all young people should be encouraged to lead a healthy and active lifestyle and that it is important for all children to develop a lifelong enthusiasm for sport and physical activity.
Our aim is to create opportunities for children to develop their physical, social and emotional skills through experiencing high quality P.E., competition and sports leadership. We will do this by offering a package of support to schools to:
- Engage their students in regular activity to kick start healthy & active lifestyles
- Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of teachers and wider school staff in delivering P.E. & school sport
- Access a broader experience of a range of sports and activities for all students
- Encourage increased participation in competitive sport
- Use sport as a tool for whole school improvement
The SSP at Northfield also hosts the School Games Organisers who are responsible for delivering the National School Games programme in Stockton. The School Games events and activities are open to all schools free of charge. For more information please visit http://www.yourschoolgames.org.
Rose Mullis, SGO for Stockton Central
Peter Sheahan, SGO for Stockton Northfield
Lisa Yates, Partnership Assistant & CPD Manager
Daran Crofts, Competition Manager
Telephone: 01642 539562