- Stockton Schools Sport Partnership
- Inclusive Sports
Northfield School is the Lead Inclusion School for Tees Valley working in partnership with the Youth Sport Trust.
The Stockton Schools Sport Partnership aim to promote what high quality, meaningful and inclusive PE and school sport should look like for every child. We work to empower teachers to be more inclusive in their practice, provide meaningful competition and competition pathways for young people, raise their aspirations and provide inclusive leadership opportunities.
Our School Sports Partnership works closely with Tees Valley Sport and School Games Organisers in Tees Valley to:
- work with others to support them to provide inclusive competition and strengthen entry and exit pathways to school games and regular competition
- provide regular training advice and guidance for the school sport workforce on inclusive practice
- raise aspirations and to lead the way in developing inclusive leadership through Step into Sport and Durham County leadership academy
- promote TOPS Sportsability
In Tees Valley, the Lead Inclusion School is Kirkleatham Specialist Academy. We work in partnership with colleagues at the school who provide opportunities for young people to compete; CPD for teachers and Inclusive Leadership training for students.
For more information about Inclusive PE training please see our CPD page and for Inclusive competition opportunities please see our competition calendar.