Local Clubs & External Links
Local Sports Clubs
To find local sports clubs in Stockton for both adults and children follow this link:https://www.stockton.gov.uk/arts-culture-and-leisure/sport-and-leisure/
The Schools Games is a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in more competitive school sport.http://www.yourschoolgames.com/
School Games Mark
The School Games Mark rewards school for their commitment to and the development of competition, school sport and physical education and was first launched in June 2012 via the Schools Games website. http://www.yourschoolgames.com/school-games-mark/
Youth Sport Trust
The Youth Sport Trust is passionate about helping all young people to achieve their full potential - and also have a range of support available to those working in education and school sport.
They have an extensive range of programmes and initiatives; sport and education resources; events and continuing professional development programmes; and school Membership schemes, all created to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people. http://www.youthsporttrust.org/how-we-can-help/become-a-member.aspx
Change 4 Life
Change4Life Sports Clubs are a new type of extracurricular sports club, designed to increase physical activity levels in less active children in primary and secondary schools by:
- Using multi-sport themes (primary) or alternative school sports (secondary).
- Using the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Responding to what children want.
- Establishing a habit of regular participation.
- Developing a real sense of belonging.
- Changing behaviours relating to key health outcomes (including healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health). http://www.nhs.uk/Change4Life/Pages/sports-clubs.aspx